Marino\WARE is proud to announce that we are stocking the SBR/43 and DBR/30 spacer bracers from Simpson Strong-Tie in all of our facilities. Marino\WARE and Simpson Strong-Tie have partnered in an opportunity to bring our customers a new bracing option where product choices were previously limited.
“Marino\WARE is pleased to partner with Simpson Strong-Tie, an innovative and quality-oriented company like our own. We are pleased to announce the addition of Simpson’s SBR and DBR spacer bracers to our product offering, which will make them available to customers on a next-day basis. These new tested and patented bracing products offer great load values and speedy installation. Combining them with Marino\WARE’s next-day delivery means customers can buy a box at a time and never have to wait. Our aim is to provide the most comprehensive collection of innovative framing solutions, and I am confident our distributor customers will welcome these latest additions.”
– Chip Gardner, President & CEO at Marino\WARE
About the Product: Simpson Strong-Tie has introduced their SBR and DBR spacer bracers for cold-formed steel construction to the market. These spacer bracers reduce the installed cost of cold-formed steel stud walls by enabling faster stud layout while minimizing the need for bridging clips.
The DBR is used for interior walls and allows for quicker drywall attachment, while the SBR is designed for structural exterior walls. Both products provide bracing along the length of the stud, and for head-of-wall slip conditions. The SBR and DBR also come with pre-punched slots that eliminate the need to use bridging clips with on-module studs. The SBR and DBR spacer bracers come with bracing load data based on assembly testing, thus mitigating risk for designers and maximizing confidence in design specs.
- SBR and DBR have patent-pending precision engineered pre-punched slots strategically located to enable 12″, 16″ and 24″ on-center stud spacing and can be used to space the studs without having to mark the top track for layout.
- The SBR will accommodate 3 5/8″ and 6″ studs in thicknesses of 33 mil (20 ga.) thru 68 mil (14 ga.).
- The DBR will accommodate 2 1/2″, 3 5/8″ and 6″ studs in thicknesses of 15 mil (25 ga. EQ) through 33 mil (20 ga.).
- Pre-punched holes in the SBR provide rapid screw installation when spacer-bracer splices are needed for axial load-bearing studs.
- Spacer-bracers are fed through the stud knockout at a 90-degree angle until studs align with spacer-bracer slots. With the slots engaging the stud web, the spacer bracer is then rotated back to the flat position so that the slotted flanges are on the bottom.
- For off-layout or end-of-run studs where a spacer bracer slot does not engage a stud, manually snip the spacer-bracer flanges with a ½” deep slot and secure the spacer bracer to the stud.
- Wear gloves while handling and installing spacer bracers1.
Learn more: Marino\WARE offers this new solution with detailed product data, competitive pricing and quick delivery on our trucks to give you, our customer, a clear edge in your next building project. Product catalogs and specifications are available on our website. Call or click to find out more at 800.627.4661.
1Information provided courtesy of Simpson Strong-Tie Publication No. F-CF-SBRDBR17