Breakaway Clips (BA)
Breakaway Clips are manufactured from aluminum and designed to melt under extreme heat allowing a fire damaged structure to collapse while permitting the fire wall to remain in place and protect the adjacent units.
Material: Aluminum .063″
- Must be used in conjunction with Area Separation Wall Systems.
- Attach the Breakaway Clip to the completed Area Separation Wall Assembly.
- One Clip should be located at each side of each H Stud.
- Fasten BA Clip to H Stud with a screw through the pre-punched holes.
- Attach to wood or steel adjacent framing with nails or screws respectively.