Hot Rod X Compressible Firestopping
HOTROD Type-X is a compressible intumescent firestopping that provides 1 and 2 hour fire-ratings for both dynamic and static joints according to UL-2079 5th edition (for both standard walls and shaft walls) and is sound tested according to ASTM E90, tested up to a STC 68.
- HOTROD has a rectangular profile and is easily compressed into the deflection gap between the edge of the drywall and adjoining structure.
- HOTROD is red in color and is easily identified by the inspector.
- HOTROD is non-wicking as it does not wick water, and is nonhygroscopic.
- HOTROD will not absorb water readily under fieldconditions.
- HOTROD takes the place of BOTH fire and sound sealant and will not shrink, pull away, or harden over time.
- HOTROD can be installed by itself or can be covered with tape and joint compound for exposed walls.
- HOTROD provides BOTH 1 and 2 hour fire ratings with both 1/2” X 1” and 1” X 1” profiles.
- HOTROD provides an L-rating Less Than 1 CFM/Lin Ft for ambient and 400 degrees F.
Once installed per the appropriate UL report and manufacturers guidelines the HOTROD’s intumescent material will not breakdown, and will provide consistent fire protection for the sustainable life of the assembly.