Solid Blocking (JB)
Joist Blocking is pre-cut to fit securely between joists to prevent joist rotation. Joist Blocking is a one piece system in lieu of the typical 3 piece detail offering an economical alternative to installing conventional clips and solid web members.
Material: 16 ga (54 mil) 50 ksi
Finish: Galvanized – G90
- Position the pre-cut Joist Blocking to fit securely between the joints.
- (4)#10 – 16 screws are required to secure the blocking to the joist flanges using the pre-punched holes.
- Solid blocking should be installed 7′ o.c. maximum along the joist length.
- Fits up to 2″ flange joist product.
- Blocking for flanges from 2″ to 3″ available as a special order.