- Values shown in table are the least of strength and deflection limits without regard to the composite contribution of facing materials.
- Web stiffeners are required at all support and concentrated load locations and the minimum end bearing shall be 1 1/2”.
- Joists shall be restrained against rotation at each end and shall be attached to track components or restrained by the installation of lateral bracing.
- Applications involving multiple spans, cantilevers, concentrated loads, impact loading, etc., shall be investigated separately.
- Compression flange shall be braced by the attachment of continuous diaphragm-rated sheathing or decking. Additionally, mechanical bridging shall be completed before loading the floor/roof system.
- Verify fire ratings for any load reductions.