Progressive Engineering (PEI) Evaluation Service is an accredited ISO Standard 17065 Product Certifier accredited by IAS. Recently, PEI tested and certified Marino\WARE’s Viper20 Stud as meeting the code requirements of ASTM C1629 for Soft Body Impact Resistance.
Currently, sellers advertise high-impact wallboards as achieving Level 3 Impact Resistance with 30 mil studs. Now Viper20 has also achieved Level 3 impact resistance with all 7 high-impact wallboards. PEI compiled this data into an Assembly Evaluation Report (AER), the full text of which is available here.
Marino\WARE continues to be an industry leader in testing & code compliance. We stand behind our Viper20 product with high-impact boards and have the 3rd party documentation to back it up.
Assembly Parts Description
The Marino\WARE 3-5/8” Viper20 Stud , 70 ksi with Design Thickness of 0.0190”
Impact Side Sheathing:
5/8″ thick Impact labeled Panels attached with screws as specified in ASTM C840
Non-Impact Side Sheathing:
5/8″ Type X Gypsum Panel attached with screws as specified in ASTM C840.
Approved ASTM C1629 Soft Body Impact Assemblies Using Viper20 Studs
- USG Sheetrock® Brand Mold Tough® VHI Firecode® X Panels
- GP DensArmor Plus® Impact-Resistant Interior Panels
- CertainTeed Extreme Impact Resistant Gypsum Board with M2Tech®
- National Gold Bond® Brand Hi-Impact® XP® Gypsum Board
- American M-Bloc® IR Type X Interior Gypsum Panels
- PABCO® High Impact Type X Gypsum Panels with MOLD CURB® Plus Technology
- Continental Protecta® HIR 300 Type X with Mold Defense®
Viper20’s certification is but one of the many ways in which Marino\WARE stands by the quality and reliability of our products.